If you own a car, chances are it’s going to happen one of these days, if it hasn’t already. What am I speaking of? A breakdown, of course! Instead of pretending like they don’t happen, your local Olathe Transmission Repair is here to let you know what needs to happen in case of this unfortunate displeasure.
Ultimately, a breakdown doesn’t have to be that bad if you act calmly and with the proper knowledge and tools. Here’s a quick list of to get you through your breakdown with minimal stress:
1. First and foremost, be sure to pull your vehicle to the RIGHT side of the road and out of traffic at the first sign of a breakdown. Pulling to the left can be dangerous, as it slows traffic and limits how the accessibility of those trying to help you, whether a policeman, mechanic, or tow truck.
2. Next, turn on your hazards. This will let people know you’re stopped, and a white cloth tied to the antenna is a universal sign of distress.
3. From this point forward, your number one goal is your safety. Your local Olathe Auto Repair recommends staying with your vehicle, unless there’s a gas station or store nearby where you can seek shelter.
4. If you can, an Olathe Auto Repair recommends exiting the vehicle and moving you and your passengers out of harm’s way. This may entail exiting through the passenger’s side door. Once you’re out of the car, don’t stand behind or in front of it, as this is unsafe.
5. If it’s cold outside and you have to stay in your vehicle, try you best to avoid shutting down the engine. If your car’s battery is weak, it might not be able to start again—then you really would be cold!
6. Again, anything can happen while you’re in your car, so be prepared! This means having flashlights, food, water, and jumper cables, to name a few.
7. Know your car, inside out. Your local Olathe Oil Change shop recommends being familiar with your spare tire, jack, and other tools in your car.
While your local Olathe Auto Repair recommends this discourse for when your car breaks down, the best way to avoid these hassles is to have a preventive maintenance place at an Olathe Tires shop like Anderson Automotive. By having an ASE-Certified technician look at your vehicle every few months, you can all but guarantee you’ll never be broken down again! Stop by or call (913) 393-0083 to set up an appointment today!
Powered by izmocars
© Homestar Systems, Inc., 2012
Automotive Images, Copyright [2000 – 2012] Homestar Systems, Inc. All Rights
Reserved. The automotive images contained herein are owned by Homestar Systems, Inc.
and are protected under United States and international copyright law. Access to and
use of these images is restricted by terms and conditions of a separate license
agreement. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, distribution, recording or modification
of these images is strictly prohibited.